Do you want to know how to split music in Imovie? Here’s a quick and easy guide on how to do it.
Checkout this video:
This guide will show you how to split music in Imovie. You can use this method to create a custom soundtrack for your video, or to separate a song into multiple parts.
1. Open the Imovie project that contains the music you want to split.
2. Select the music clip in the project timeline.
3. Click the “Split” button in the toolbar at the top of the screen.
4. Drag the split point to where you want to split the music clip.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until all of the desired sections have been split off from the original clip.
What you’ll need
Before you begin, you’ll need to have the following:
-iMovie installed on your Mac
-a song or audio file that you want to split
-a video file that you want to add the split audio to
Step 1: Choose your audio file
In iMovie, you can use the split tool to cut your audio clips into smaller pieces. This is useful if you want to remove a section of the clip, or if you want to use part of the clip in another project.
To split an audio clip:
1. Choose your audio file. In the Media browser, click on the Music icon. Then, find the audio file that you want to split.
2. Drag the audio file into your project timeline.
3. Place your cursor at the point where you want to split the clip, then click on the Split button .
4. The audio clip will be split into two separate clips.
Step 2: Place the audio file in your project
Place theaudio file in your project
1. After you have imported the audio file into iMovie, Hover your mouse over the audio file in the project browser.
2. A menu will pop up. Select “Use audio as background music.”
3. The file will be added to your project as background music.
Step 3: Trim the audio file
To split music in iMovie, start by opening the project you want to edit. Then, click on the “Audio” tab and find the file you want to split. Next, click on the “Edit” tab and select “Split Clip.” Finally, use the cursor to select where you want the clip to be split and click “OK.”
Step 4: Split the audio file
Now that you’ve added the audio file to your project, it’s time to split it into two parts.
To do this, first click on the audio file in the timeline so that it is selected. Then, find the “split audio” icon in the toolbar at the top of the screen and click it.
This will split the audio file into two parts at the current playhead position. You can then move each part of the audio file independently by clicking and dragging on each part in the timeline.
Step 5: Move the split audio file
Now that you have your split audio file, you can move it to another location if you need to. Just click and drag the file to where you want it.
Step 6: Export your project
Now that you have split your music in iMovie, you need to export your project in order to save it. To do this, go to File > Export > Movie. In the next window, select the location where you want to save your movie and give it a name. Then click Save.
In conclusion, there are a few different ways that you can split music in Imovie. You can use the built in music editing tools, you can export the project and use an external program, or you can manually split the audio file using a text editor.
Imovie offers a number of ways to place your music in your project, including the Split Clip command. This allows you to take a section of your song and place it elsewhere in your project, or even use it in multiple places. Here’s how to do it:
1. Find the spot in your song where you want to split the clip.
2. Control-click (or right-click) on the clip and choose Split Clip from the menu.
3. A gray line appears over the clip, indicating where it will be split.
4. Move the line to the desired location and click Split.
5. The clip is now split into two separate sections that you can move independently.